Looking for an extremely simple recipe for that quick sweet fix? Well, here it is. This is very similar to shortbread; crumbly and light, a cross between a cookie and cake. There's just three main ingredients and the dough can be mixed up while the oven preheats. Since there are minimal ingredients, it's best to use good quality butter as the flavour of the butter makes all the difference.
- 100g Butter
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 1/4 cup Self raising flour
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour
- A couple drops of Almond extract (optional)
1. Beat butter and sugar, till light and creamy for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add almond extract (or vanilla).
3. Mix in flour until just combined. Avoid over mixing as this will make the texture dense.
4. Dollop the dough in to a loaf tin lined with baking paper. Smooth the top with a spoon.
5. Bake in an oven preheated to 180C for 20-25 minutes, until just cooked through.
6. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then remove from the tin and slice while warm.
7. Store in an airtight container.