These are truly the perfect decadent dessert. They are wonderfully dark and chocolatey, with just a hint of heat from the Miris Level Lava sauce, that hits you at the back of your palette almost as an afterthought. It's all about the baking time though, which will differ slightly according to the size of the puddings. They continue to cook when out of the oven too. So if in doubt, underbake by a minute or so. This will make them slightly like chocolate fondants or lava cakes and there is nothing wrong with that, am I right?
- 75g Butter
- 100g Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 80g Self-Rising Flour
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Espresso
- 1 ½ tsp Miris Level Lava sauce
- 160g Chocolate
1. Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler or in the microwave.
2. Allow to cool slightly, add sugar and mix to combine.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
4.Stir in vanilla extract, espresso and Miris Level Lava sauce
5. Fold in flour.
6. Pour into cupcake moulds or ramekins greased with butter and dusted with cocoa powder.
7. Bake for 8-12 mins, in an oven pre heated to 180C. (As ovens differ greatly, check at 8 minutes and cook for longer if needed. Avoid over-baking. The center should be gooey and fudgy.)
8. Allow to cool for a few minutes and serve warm with Lava chocolate sauce and a scoop of ice cream.
For LAVA Chocolate Sauce
- 50g dark Chocolate
- 30ml Whipping cream
- ½ - 1 tsp Miris Level Lava
1. Melt dark chocolate and whipping cream in the microwave.
2. Stir in Miris level Lava sauce.
3. Pour over the chocolate puddings and serve warm.