This is a vegetarian appetizer that truly whets your appetite and literally makes your mouth water. The ruby red beets, the bright pops of fresh herbs, all on a bed of pillowy whipped yogurt make it a pretty, Christmassy taste sensation- in red, green and white!
- Slices of lightly toasted French bread
- ½ cup Buffalo curd or Greek yogurt
- 1 medium sized sliced Onion
- 1 ½ cup grated Beetroot
- 1 tbsp Kithul treacle or honey
- 3 tsp Miris 'Level Hot' sauce + more to spread on the toast
- Sprigs of thyme (or dill)
For the beetroot topping:
1. Heat butter in a pot on the stove.
2. Add sliced onions and cook until soft and slightly browned.
3. Add grated beets, chopped thyme, honey, Miris Level Hot sauce and salt.
4. Add 2 tbsp of water, mix well, cover and cook on a low heat for 10 minutes until beets are cooked through.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
For whipped buffalo curd:
1. Whisk buffalo curd until smooth.
2. Add a pinch of salt and chopped thyme.
3. Mix well.
1. Spread a small amount of Miris 'Level Hot' sauce on the base of each slice of toast.
2. Add a spoonful of whipped buffalo curd.
3. Top with cooled beetroot and garnish with thyme.